Sunday, March 24, 2013

e100 Challenge- Day 71- Pentecost- Acts 2:1-47




"Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised...But you will recieve power when the Holy Spirit comes on you and you will be my witnesses" Acts1:5a  & 8b

What an amazing gift! This gift that was given by our heavenly father has given the church the power to be a bold witness for him!  Peter was cowardly and denied Christ 3 times but once the Holy SPirit comes upon him he is able to boldly preach the Good News to the Jews! The Holy Spirit's presence is the key factor for the church to display God's manifold wisdom to the world.


Questions to Ponder...
1.) What was the result of the Spirit's outpouring on the early believers?
2.) What is the Spirit called in verse 38?
3.) How is the Spirit a gift to us?

Ways to Pray...
Father thank you for giving us the Holy Spirit to empower us. Holy Spirit I ask you to guide me today. Empower me to be the person you want me to be in and outside the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment